Thank you for checking out the Business Model Worksheet assets! This is original work that has already helped thousands of people think about their business.
Don’t think of it as adult homework. The point is to make it fun, because if you get all the pieces right you can profit from a well-designed business! And do not get overwhelmed with all the material. At the very least, you’ll just be answering these twelve statements that correspond to the 12 components on the BMW . . .
Use the assets below to create your first one-page business model. You don’t need to do it all in one sitting (it’s almost impossible). Add to it as you experiment, talk to potential customers, and learn about the market. Also, if you’re doing client work use this to check your understanding of their business. You can ask them these questions later during a discovery call.
Also, examine the BMW Sample as a model worksheet. At a glance, you should know exactly what this business does, its strengths, its weaknesses, how it makes money, and etc. That’s the goal for your business!
- BMW Fillable Colored LARGE PDF – Printable, but mind the size. Fillable blocks and save.
- BMW Black & White PDF – Not fillable, but printable. Annotate with Preview (Mac).
- BMW Filled-Out Sample – Hair Stylist Business example. [grid version]
- BMW Handbook [grid version] – Details on components and research tips
- BMW Slides [grid version] – Infographic of components
- BMW Blog Post – Survey of business models and why this one is better.
Green Areas = Where you can, click, type, and save your notes. On a Mac, you can also use the Preview app and markup any area.